- Shenefield sits down City in career outing
- Eagles win; Patriots dominate
- Patriots clip Eagles; Foothillers tame Cougars
- Sultans claim Jaguar title; Highlanders win Classic tilt
- Roundup: East goes 1-3 on Wednesday
- ROUNDUP: Cougar momentum, Sultan flair, Eagles claw
- Roundup: Granite soars, Cougars roar, Highlanders bite
- 2017 Softball League Previews
- Roundup: Cougars claim Hilltop Tourney via domination
- ROUNDUP: East teams end solid week on high note
Barrameda sinks Griffs’ record 10 treys in win over Jags
- Updated: February 11, 2016
2015-16 GROSSMONT COLLEGE WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
By Chris Davis
© East County Sports.com
CHULA VISTA (2-11-16) — A season sweep is good. A victory over what is shaping up to be a rival even better. Mix in a school record and you have a great night. That is what happened on Wednesday (Feb. 10) as the Grossmont College Griffins defeated the Southwestern College Jaguars 77-64 in a Pacific Coast Athletic Conference game.
CHRISTINA BARRAMEDA (Ramona) sank a school record ten 3-pointers in the game on her way to a game-high 36 points.
The previous high for points in a game at GrossmontCollege is 42, held by MountMiguel graduate KAYLA HENRY. The previous high for 3-pointers in a game was seven, shared by JOANNA DE LA CRUZ of El Cajon Valley and AUTUMN FRIESNER of Santana. De la Cruz hit her high-water mark this season, and Friesner hit hers in 1977.
Barrameda’s previous high for treys this season was six against VictorValley (Dec. 28). In high school her high was four, which she accomplished twice. Both of which were during her senior year, against ValleyCenter (Feb. 14, 2014) and Vista (Dec. 27, 2013)
No Grossmont stats were provided by Southwestern (3-15, 3-8 PCAC).
The Griffins (8-16, 5-6 PCAC) will host Southern California No. 2 Mt. San Jacinto (24-1, 9-1 PCAC) on Friday (Feb. 12). Tip off on the El Cajon campus is set for 6:00 p.m.