- Shenefield sits down City in career outing
- Eagles win; Patriots dominate
- Patriots clip Eagles; Foothillers tame Cougars
- Sultans claim Jaguar title; Highlanders win Classic tilt
- Roundup: East goes 1-3 on Wednesday
- ROUNDUP: Cougar momentum, Sultan flair, Eagles claw
- Roundup: Granite soars, Cougars roar, Highlanders bite
- 2017 Softball League Previews
- Roundup: Cougars claim Hilltop Tourney via domination
- ROUNDUP: East teams end solid week on high note
Patriots’ Goodwin chooses Nevada; Gaines commits
- Updated: January 28, 2017
2017 EAST COUNTY PREP FOOTBALL
By Bill Dickens
© East County Sports.com
EL CAJON (1-28-17) — A pair of prolific local prep football stars announced their college choices late this week.
– Christian High product BENJAMIN “THEO” GOODWIN has chosen Nevada over San Jose State and New Mexico, among others, to accept a football scholarship.
Widely regarded as the fastest football player in the county this past season, Goodwin was one of the top receivers in the East County. However, it was his work on special teams that may have put college scouts on notice with his four early-season returns for scores.
Goodwin helped the Patriots capture the Eastern League title and later earn a trip to the CIF Division 3 championship game.
— ✒️ Protege (@ProtegeHolybros) January 25, 2017
– Grossmont High quarterback HUNTER GAINES has committed to accepting a scholarship to Morningside College of Sioux City, Iowa.
Gaines threw for 2,773 yards and 33 touchdowns this past season for the Foothillers. His 5,123 career passing yards lands him 17th on the all-time San Diego Section career yardage chart.
— Hunter Gaines (@Hunter20Gaines) January 28, 2017