- Shenefield sits down City in career outing
- Eagles win; Patriots dominate
- Patriots clip Eagles; Foothillers tame Cougars
- Sultans claim Jaguar title; Highlanders win Classic tilt
- Roundup: East goes 1-3 on Wednesday
- ROUNDUP: Cougar momentum, Sultan flair, Eagles claw
- Roundup: Granite soars, Cougars roar, Highlanders bite
- 2017 Softball League Previews
- Roundup: Cougars claim Hilltop Tourney via domination
- ROUNDUP: East teams end solid week on high note
Locals may be playing in last Spanos game
- Updated: January 21, 2017
2017 EAST COUNTY PREP FOOTBALL – 27th ANNUAL ALEX SPANOS ALL-STAR CLASSIC
By Bill Dickens
© East County Sports.com
SAN DIEGO (1-21-17) — The crop of East County football talent will make an appearance in the 27th annual Alex Spanos All-Star Classic when the South plays the North on Saturday (Jan. 21) at 6 p.m. at Mesa College.
It could be the last time the postseason contest for seniors is played following the Chargers’ move to Los Angeles this week. The team has sponsored all of the game’s cost since its inception, but the future of the game is unclear.
Headliners for the South include Grossmont High quarterback HUNTER GAINES and his fleet-footed wide receiver DOMONIQUE GUEVARA.
Also included on the South roster from Christian High are offensive lineman JON STINE, running back JOEY MORONES and wide receiver THEO GOODWIN.
From Santana, offensive line star TRENT FORSTER leads the way, along with Valhalla running back JEROME JOHNSON.