- Shenefield sits down City in career outing
- Eagles win; Patriots dominate
- Patriots clip Eagles; Foothillers tame Cougars
- Sultans claim Jaguar title; Highlanders win Classic tilt
- Roundup: East goes 1-3 on Wednesday
- ROUNDUP: Cougar momentum, Sultan flair, Eagles claw
- Roundup: Granite soars, Cougars roar, Highlanders bite
- 2017 Softball League Previews
- Roundup: Cougars claim Hilltop Tourney via domination
- ROUNDUP: East teams end solid week on high note
Boise State lands their man in Noa
- Updated: January 18, 2017
2017 EAST COUNTY SCHOLARSHIPS
By Bill Dickens
EL CAJON (1-18-17) — East County has cranked out some high-powered recruits, both from the preps and from the community college level.
Helix linebacker EZEKIEL NOA has been accepted on scholarship to Boise State University of the NCAA Mountain West Conference, it was learned late Tuesday evening.
A two-time EastCountySports.com Defensive Player of the Year, Noa was also the San Diego Section CIF Defensive Player of the Year in each of the past two seasons, as well as, the Grossmont Hills League Defensive Player of the Year.
Noa, who suffered a serious knee injury in the postseason which ended his prep career, reportedly was considering offers from Wisconsin, Washington, Colorado and San Diego State, as well.
In addition, Grossmont College receiver JABRIL CLEWIS has signed with Tulane University of Louisiana. Clewis had 34 receptions for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns in 10 games.
In baseball scholarship news, HUNTER ISBELL, of Helix High, has committed to play baseball for Cal State Monterey Bay.
Meanwhile, Granite Hills and Grossmont College shortstop MICHAEL DIFFEY has signed with the San Diego State Aztecs, it was announced in December.