- Shenefield sits down City in career outing
- Eagles win; Patriots dominate
- Patriots clip Eagles; Foothillers tame Cougars
- Sultans claim Jaguar title; Highlanders win Classic tilt
- Roundup: East goes 1-3 on Wednesday
- ROUNDUP: Cougar momentum, Sultan flair, Eagles claw
- Roundup: Granite soars, Cougars roar, Highlanders bite
- 2017 Softball League Previews
- Roundup: Cougars claim Hilltop Tourney via domination
- ROUNDUP: East teams end solid week on high note
Kygar sets CSUSM three-point mark
- Updated: January 29, 2017
2017 EAST COUNTY 4-YEAR MEN’S BASKETBALL STANDOUTS
By Bill Dickens
© East County Sports.com
SAN MARCOS (1-29-17) — TYSON KYGAR, a graduate of El Capitan High and Grossmont College, established a 3-point career shooting record at Cal State University San Marcos Saturday night.
Kygar, a senior, hit 4 three-pointers against Sonoma State to raise his season mark to 126.
His shooting streak broke the mark held by Cal State San Marcos’ Jacob Ranger, who drilled in 122 treys in two seasons between the 2011-13 season, and Akachi Okugo, who graduated last season.
The Cal State San Marcos men’s basketball team fell to Sonoma State in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) matchup by a final score of 70-64, at The Sports Center.
The Cougars have now lost three straight games, dropping to 13-8 overall and 8-6 in conference play. The Cougars host a non-conference game against West Coast Baptist on Tuesday, Jan. 31. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.